Alsalam alikom wa ra7mat Allah wa barakatoh (Peace upon you)
I’ve recently ran into problems with VS 2008. Summarized here:
- When you try to edit the project properties (specially C++ projects) you are faced with a little nice message saying “Exception from HRESULT: 0xF9F0F308”.
- Sometimes when you are editing a file (specially large ones), VS doesn’t recognize you’ve made changes (ie doesn’t display that ‘*’ in the files tabs) hence, when you save, nothing actually gets saved.
For those 2 problems, a friend explained the problem and a work around (till they officially release a fix)…
- Open up a Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt
- Run cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE"
- Make a backup copy of devenv.exe in case something does not work right.
ie. copy devenv.exe devenv.exe.bak
- Run editbin /largeaddressaware:no devenv.exe
Happy VSing… :)